An easy solution for public transportation in Istanbul
When you go to a new city, either for business or for vacation, the very first thing you want to do is to get around and walk around in the neighborhood. But certainly you are not going to stay there forever and youwill want to see other parts of the city as well. In this case you will need to use a public transportation .
In Istanbul, you can benefit from the “Istanbulkart” for your public transportation. It is as big as a credit card and you can use it for the buses, Metro (subway), ferries, funiculars, trains and the tram. This card is prepaid and rechargeable. It can also be used by multiple persons (maximum of 5 people).
You can get this card from major transit stops such as the airport, Taksim, Kadıköy and Eminönü. You will definitely have to reload it once it runs out of its credits. And for this purpose you are going to see machines where you see the bus, metro bus, ferries stops/stations etc.
Please also see this link below for more detailed information;
And please don’t hesitate to share this post if you find it useful.
- How to Get the Most Out of Istanbul: A Highly Opinionated List (eatingasia.typepad.com)
- Demonstrators at Kadikoy Ferry Port (Asian side of Istanbul) heading to the European side. All demographics can be seen in this video. (ireport.cnn.com)
- In Istanbul, A Perfect Lunch and the Call to Prayer (eatingasia.typepad.com)
- Capturing the city – Istanbul, Turkey (travelpod.com)
- Boats and Buses along the Bosphorus (milkandmosaics.wordpress.com)
- Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Halts Public Transport to Taksim (ireport.cnn.com)
- Istanbul Insider Tips from a Local Expert (dailyjourneysnews.wordpress.com)
- Petition for better public transport (abc.net.au)
- Istanbul Insider Tips from a Local Expert (creativeholidaysforu.wordpress.com)
- Istanbul Insider Tips from a Local Expert (rayallen62.wordpress.com)